State Tax Analyst - Sales and Use Tax
Location: Houston, Texas US
Requisition Number: 4212
Position Title: State Tax Analyst
We are currently seeking a State Tax Analyst in our Houston office, Sales and Use Tax required.
Perform multi-state transactional tax analysis, compliance, reconciliation and audit according to state and local sales & use tax laws and regulations.
- Sales and Use Tax research regarding new tax laws, tax law changes and compliance issues
- Maintain a knowledge of sales tax issues in all state of business
- Research, fulfill data requests and prepare documentation for sales and use tax audits and tax authorities
- Prepare and reconcile Fixed Asset Schedules
- Analyze transactional taxability
- Prepare Journal Entries in association to Fixed Asset Schedules
- Prepare Journal Entries in association to use tax accruals
- Develops and maintains relationships with various groups within the company to ensure knowledge of Key’s lines of business
- Respond to questions or issues from the assigned divisions or lines of business regarding transactional tax compliance and requirements
- Assists in preparing and analyzing transactional tax statements and/or entries in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in sales and use tax as well as some sales and use tax audit experience to assist in preparing and analyzing transactional tax records and/or entries in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Knowledge of sales and use taxation rules preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to research tax issues for taxability rules
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable process and General Ledger
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to details
- Ability to perform in a high-pressured, high volume environment, with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company, both internal and external sources
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word) as well as knowledge of other data bases
- Knowledge of Vertex a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent business/industry work experience.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time off
Community / Marketing Title: State Tax Analyst - Sales and Use Tax
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.