Location: Odessa, Texas US
Requisition Number: 3577
Position Title: Instrument Technician
This position performs inspection, maintenance and repair on safety equipment. This position has a dotted line reporting line to: Division Director HSE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, maintains and repairs rig mounted hydrogen sulfide (H2S) monitors, often using hand tools.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs 30-minute fresh air packs, often using hand tools.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs fire extinguishers, often using hand tools.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs personal H2S monitors as needed.
- Inspects and maintains first aid kits and eye wash stations in crew areas as well as in vehicles.
- Inspects work locations for requisite electrical ground cables and flagging.
- Inspects crew areas for proper housekeeping.
- Prepares written reports and logs of observations and work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of field-level experience in the oilfield service industry.
- Knowledge of company safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of various safety equipment including the design, use and maintenance information.
- Knowledge of H2S monitors fire extinguishers and fresh-air packs.
- Knowledge of inspection procedures.
- Knowledge of well servicing equipment including the design and operation of rigs and trucks.
High School Diploma, or GED, or equivalent.
Community / Marketing Title: Instrument Technician
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Odessa, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.