Equipment Operator - Cementing/Plugging & Abandonment
Location: Odessa, Texas US
Requisition Number: 2978
Position Title: Equipment Operator PA
This position is responsible for the P&A operations of the rig, crew and auxiliary equipment and for ensuring customer satisfaction with all services rendered. Incumbent will conduct all necessary job calculations for the cement job and operates cement pump; operates all mechanical wireline equipment (work performed includes connecting all hardware and maintaining equipment). Incumbent ensures that all crew is at the rig and ready to work at scheduled time and maintains productivity and safety standards for all P&A rig functions.
Completes all necessary forms ,work ticket and other paperwork required in P&A operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all crew members are at the rig and prepared to work at scheduled time.
- Operates the assigned rig and auxiliary equipment in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions as requested or designated by the customers.
- Maintains regular contact and communication with customers to provide excellent customer care and seeks new opportunities for potential and new businesses and resolves any concerns, issues or complaints.
- Ensures that quality products and services are provided to the customers including maintaining productivity standards for all P&A equipment functions, following safety procedures for a safe working environment for all rig employees, and adhering to all applicable governmental regulations for compliance.
- Ensures efficient maintenance of assigned rig and auxiliary P&A equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a positive and safe work environment for the assigned P&A rig crew, including training and coaching them in carrying out their assigned duties on the rig.
- Performs accurate calculations on all aspects of cement job to ensure they are carried out properly and according to customer expectations.
- Prepares and builds perforating tools for assigned and upcoming jobs.
- Performs rigging up, operation and maintenance of the following equipment: Cement pump, Wireline truck, casing jacks and any other P&A equipment that is assigned to the P&A package.
- Completes all necessary forms , work ticket and all other paperwork required for P&A operations, including log book entries (Wire line Log).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Wears proper safety equipment on the job (when applicable)
- Considerable experience in rig operation or closely related function.
- Knowledge and experience in oilfield well servicing is required.
- Must possess CDL B drivers license to drive rig.
- Must have clean driving records.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people within and outside of the company.
- Ability to lead or provide guidance to crew members to work safely and efficiently.
- Multi-tasking skills and basic problem solving and organizational skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of all well forming aspects preferred.
- Working knowledge of P&A equipment.
- Must pass post-employment drug/alcohol urinalysis.
- Must pass post-offer "Essential Job Functions Test".
- Must pass DOT-drug and physical test if required by state and federal government.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Equipment Operator - Cementing/Plugging & Abandonment
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Odessa, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.