SCM Contracts Administrator
Location: Houston, Texas US
Requisition Number: 3789
Position Title: SCM Contracts Administrator
We are currently seeking a SCM Contracts Administrator for our Houston location.
This position Assists in the preparation, review and administration of contractual proposals from suppliers to deliver goods and services as determined by supply chain management or procedures. Responsible for negotiating contract scope, requirements and costs. Establishes vendor channels for order fulfillment in production districts, corporate and international operations, as needed. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Evaluates and determines qualifications and recommends third-party vendors and contracts to meet company proposal requirements
- Negotiates contractual scope, specifications and costs with suppliers to secure goods and services aligned with supply chain department and internal-customer strategies.
- Advises on internal business units' third-party bidding process, ensuring work and costs-control scopes and efficiencies are present.
- Consults with legal and risk management departments in contractual matters to affect compliance, reduce liabilities, manage deviations or conflict-resolution and confidentiality agreements.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for accuracy of the contracts database.
- Manages contract communications, including stakeholder status updates, document management systems, vendor correspondence.
- Monitors and tracks contract process from initiation to completion, including maintenance and timely renewals.
- Presents contracts for final approval to the VP-Supply Chain Management (financial breadth of contracts worth $300MM - $600MM annual).
- Assists in analyzing RFP/bid requirements against RFP/RFQ proposals; may lead process when requested.
- Develops bid scorecard in collaboration with category managers and stakeholders.
- Researches root cause, cost, risk and provides input to strategy when a contract non-performance or claim is raised against the company; will serve as primary negotiator on most contracts.
- Ensures contracts are being generated within procedure and has proper financial authorizations prior to implementation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics or a related field preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience in contract negotiation/administration
- Extensive contract administration and contractual law knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Oral and written expression skills
- Proficient in general computer use and MS Office applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Reading comprehension
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time of
Community / Marketing Title: SCM Contracts Administrator
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.