Location: Williston, North Dakota US
Requisition Number: 3587
Position Title: Drilling Derrickhand
We are currently seeking a Drilling - Derrickhand.
This position is one of a crew assigned to work on a drilling rig, responsible for performing many tasks that are required to drill a well. Duties include performing all tasks from an elevated work platform (monkey board), assisting in rigging up or down rig, picking up or laying down drill pipe, and other functions specified by the driller or rig manager. Incumbent will be in charge of maintenance and repairs of the rig’s mud pumps while drilling, as well as maintaining drilling mud to required specifications
- Assists the driller in rigging up and down drilling rig.
- Sets hydraulic jacks, handles pads/boards and assists in attaching the guy wires to anchor points
- Responsible for all elevated work associated with rigging up/down.
- Operates elevators when tripping pipe in and out of hole
- Assists in picking up or laying down drill pipe.
- Reports any safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to the driller
- Ensures that work carried out is in compliance with company policies and procedures and according to safety regulations.
- Directly responsible for pump maintenance.
- Directly responsible for drilling mud upkeep, including mixing chemicals
- Responsible for mud inventory.
- Assists driller in mentoring the drilling crew members as required
- Checks mud properties, i.e. viscosity, water loss, mud weight, and PH.
- May be required to work as a piperacker, motorman or driller when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic drilling rig experience, minimum of one year required.
- Ability to make basic decisions, using common knowledge.
- Basic mechanical ability.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to assess situations, both complex and simple, and determine the best solution to meet company and customer needs.
- Excellent customer service skills, to provide world class value to our customer.
- Must possess valid driving license and meet all qualifications defined in Motor Vehicle Policy to drive Key Energy vehicles if required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and read and write in English.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time off
State: North Dakota
Community / Marketing Title: Drilling Derrickhand
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Williston, North Dakota US
CountryEEOText_Description: Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.