Requisition Number: 394
Position Title: Sales Mgr
We are currently seeking an Sales Manager.
- Manages and directs sales force to achieve sales and profit goals ensuring maximum sales volume of products and/or services within a specific area of responsibility.
- May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential and communicate customer feedback into future product developments.
- Acts as advisor to sales team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the sales in area of responsibility.
- Manages all cost and budgets for area of responsibility.
- Account Management/Planning/Strategy
- Identifies decision makers in assigned accounts, determines purchase drivers and ensure adequate resource coverage.
- Gathers intelligence on future plans/ current needs/ how they measure success.
- Develops a strategy for the assigned accounts to ensure pursuit of business across all relevant LOBs, consistent messaging to decisions makers, and optimized and strategic pricing.
- Participates in and ensures dispute resolution is resolved to protect the relationship with the customer while protecting Key’s interest.
- Ensures proper MSA contracts and pricing agreements are in place.
- Keeps abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Defines and executes LOB sales plans and opportunity response plans for assigned area.
- Develops relationships and contacts customer decision makers to generate business for Key.
- Regularly visits (drives to) customer locations to develop relationships and contacts customer decision makers to generate business for Key.
- Develops, demonstrates and delivers value cases for different levels of customer organizations.
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales, products, and/or services across LOBs.
- Ensures systematic delivery and resolution of customer inquiries, customer information or information about customer satisfaction to the appropriate Key personnel/departments.
- Conducts intelligence gathering on current and potential customers and competitors in all LOB’s.
- Assesses potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs.
- Prepares written reports, cost benefit analysis, solution-oriented presentations, and sales and price quotations to compete for customer business.
- Leverages expertise, technologies, and intellectual property to expand presence, market share and support and build sales.
- Recruits, retains, motivates, trains, develops, coaches, and evaluates a qualified work force.
- Manages and directs activities of direct reports including ensuring communication and compliance with company policies and setting measurable goals consistent with vision of organization.
- Communicates and coordinates with Operations to understand activity levels, pricing, equipment utilization, competitive issues and opportunity plans to drive proper selling tactics.
- Develops positive relationships with other employees in operations, marketing, product development, and other departments as needed.
- Industry Participation
- Represents Key in the marketplace through various industry organizations and events.
- Keeps well informed on current industry trends, opportunities, products and competitive issues.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, product seminars, trade shows and professional organizations as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business management, marketing or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of business development experience.
- Excellent business prospecting skills and strong negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Ability to function in a high pressure environment with the ability to respond well to high level of stress.
- Prior energy services sales experience preferred.
- Prior sales management experience a plus.
- Must possess a valid drivers license (in the state where they reside).
- Must have an acceptable driving record per Company requirements. (reviewed every 6 months).
- Must be available and willing to travel on a regular basis, if needed.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time off
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Manager
Key Energy Services - A dynamic and well respected company with a mission to be a leading global well intervention and production enhancement service company. We are the largest provider of onshore well service rigs in the United States and one of the leading onshore, rig-based well servicing contractors in the world.